Skip to content

Podcast 1: What is Adult Picky Eating?

February 27, 2012

What is Picky Eating?

This is the first episode of my podcast series. Here, I discuss picky eating and offer some insight into my life as an Adult Picky Eater. Click on the link above to listen and please leave feedback!

~amber

Advertisements
13 Comments leave one →
  1. Christy S. permalink
    February 27, 2012 12:12 pm

Amber, this is GREAT! (Luv the name!) I can only imagine how my life would have been different if this sort of information had been available to my friends and family in my youth. Thank you for all you do to help other PEAs like me!

2. Elaine permalink
    February 27, 2012 5:16 pm

What a great idea! This podcast is very informative and will help others understand why we are the way we are. Your voice is very soothing to listen to as well. I can’t wait for the next pidcast!

3. LaTonya permalink
    February 27, 2012 7:18 pm

This is brilliant. Almost everything you said related to me. I love the professional, yet understanding tone of voice you have. It makes it feel like I’m in a mutual conversation with someone, instead of merely being analyzed and talked about. Thank you so much for this. I look forward to hearing what you have to say in the future!

4. Alan permalink
    February 29, 2012 8:01 pm

Very well done! You explained so well in a calm, rational way how it is for people like us when we attempt to try a new food. I would expect even a non-picky eater, if he or she listened to this with an open mind, would get what our experience is like.

5. Zan permalink
    March 1, 2012 8:12 am

I think this was an excellent introduction to picky eating. I look forward to future podcast.

6. Frenchy permalink
    April 9, 2012 9:57 pm

Amber, I absolutly loved your introduction, props to you girlfriend! The most important person in my life has struggled with picky eating his whole life, and I’ve always had a really hard time understanding it. You nailed it. Thank you for explaining it, and providing examples so people like me can comprehend it a little easier. I look forward to learning a lot more. Thank you.

• April 9, 2012 10:18 pm

Frenchy: It’s the “loved ones” of picky eaters that inspired me to start this podcast. We know it’s hard for “normal eaters” to understand what we’re going through and what we’ve been through in the past and I’m really glad to hear that this podcast was helpful to you. Thanks for listening!

7. Stephanie H. permalink
    May 16, 2012 3:16 am

Your podcasts are very informative, especially for someone who never understood what being a picky eater meant. Thank you for sharing these with us!!

8. Steve R permalink
    June 8, 2012 1:36 am

Great podcast. Very similar experiences. K-12 – Mom packed chips, cookies, and peanut butter crackers (but I would throw those away). To pass 6th grade, forced to go to camp for a week at a lake. Lived for a week on small boxes of cereal each morning, one bag of chips brought for the whole week, and 12 sugar daddies. High school – went to pole vaulting camp – lived off cereal each morning, 2 bags of chips spread out over a week. Very informative about what’s going on with the medical side at the end. Thank you.

9. October 27, 2012 4:17 am

Wow. I’m 38 and just stumbled across this today. Your tale of the French Fries and orange eating sums it all up. I thought I was the only one.

• October 27, 2012 4:21 am

Hi! Glad you found my podcast! You definitely are not the only one. I invite you to check out http://www.pickyeatingadults.com for nearly 8000 of “us” and to learn more information about adult picky eating and the research that is currently being done on it. There is a yahoo forum that allows you to communicate with other adult picky eaters on a daily basis. All of our stories are similar and it’s a great place to go if you want to learn more or just vent about living with picky eating. Again, welcome!

10. Faith permalink
    February 18, 2014 2:51 pm

Hi Amber! Awesome podcast! I am not a picky eater, but I became fascinated about this after I saw the tv show called ‘freaky eaters’, so I was doing some research and stumbled upon your excellent and very informative podcast. Then I realized you were the one from the show that made me so curious about this… Plus I have an aunt and cousin who I think fit into this PEA category 🙂 Thanks so much for doing this podcast!

11. April 24, 2014 8:31 pm

Very soon thus site will be famous among all blogging viewers, due to it’s
    pleasant posts